Paxil associated with breast cancer?
I am posting this old article of mine because it is relevant in a couple of ways. Cancers have many causes, and many medical studies have shown that inflammation is one culprit.
Inflammation is the precursor for almost any disease known to man.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids decrease inflammation. And healthy saturated fats (from pastured, or grass fed, animals) and from cold water wild caught fish, have a healthy balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids.
The City of Hope has found that Paxil promotes breast cancer in women. The institution has begun testing all drugs and chemicals given to breast cancer sufferers in an effort to eliminate ingestion of products that unbalance sex hormones.
Dear old Paxil, antidepressant staple in our culture, showed up as guilty. And what else might be an estrogen mimicker that these woman – and some men – in treatment for cancers ingest? The list is not short:
1. Tap water. Chlorine and fluoride disrupt the endocrine system inevitably unbalancing sex hormones.
2. Pesticides and herbicides mimic estrogen to the degree that many river fish can no longer procreate.
3. Hormone therapy – women are well warned yet take the risk to reduce hot flashes. I would go herbal myself.
4. Plastics in your computers, car, rugs, dish ware, water cooler plastic, sippy cups, utensils, UNLESS you buy the safer hard plastic wares.
5. River water which is ridden with prescription drugs that people throw down the toilet – can only be distilled out.
Chlorine and fluoride in particular mess with the thyroid gland. Imbalance in the endocrine system cascades downwards in the body since all those glands rely on one above it for function.
Luckily there are alternatives to Paxil – ask your doctor today!
And, look at your diet and see how maybe you can improve it to get more Omega 3 Fatty Acids into it.